File Path Reverse Slashes Tool Online
This tool will take any string and turn the back slashes into forward slashes and vice versa.
Example Input/Output for this tool:
- Converting Forward Slashes to Back Slashes
Input - C:/Users/User1/HomeDirectory
Output - C:\Users\User1\HomeDirectory
- Converting Back Slashes to Forward Slashes
Input - C:\Downloads\Photos\Picture1
Output - C:/Downloads/Photos/Picture1
Every tool that I build on this site was built to solve a specific problem that I ran into. The problem that spawned this tool was that Windows file paths tend to have back slashes (ie. C:\Users\User1) but file paths for unit test attributes in C# NUnit tests require forward slashes (ie. C:/Users/User1). Thus this tool was born!
Computer Strings and their "Slash Orientation"
- URLs - Forward Slashes - https://www.google.com/search?q=hello+world
- Windows File Paths - Back Slashes - C:\JurrassicPark\Users\DennisNedry\AccessMainSecurityGrid.go
- Linux File Paths - Forward Slashes - /home/linus/github